The Professional Certificate Program "Data Science" is an extra-occupational training at LMU. Its purpose is to communicate adequate knowledge of the theory and methods of Data Science. With this background we would like to meet the potential in the practical work experience. The program orients itself along the following guidelines:
- Introduction to the theoretical and practical concepts in the field of Data Science
- Transfer of solid expertise in a wide scope of areas
- Training of analytical and strategic skills
The Professional Certificate Program in generally intended for anyone working in any area of the working or educational life. Only the requirements need to be satisfied.
With an estimated workload of 200 hours (including time for preparation, follow-up work and preparation for the exam) the Certificate Program is developed as a one semester course. The Professional Certificate Program is spread over nine days of teaching excluding the day of the exam. Registration for the course during the winter term 2018/19 is open. The specific dates can be found in the following paragraph.
Deadline to apply: 02. September 2018
Basic knowledge in R is highly recommended for the Professional Certificate Program "Data Science". A crash course is available before the beginning of every program. For more information follow the link to the website of the Munich R Courses.
|Day||Topic||Dates summer term 2018||Dates winter term 2018/19|
|1||First steps in Data Analysis||04.05.2018||09.11.18|
|3||Causality and Causation & Visualization||18.05.2018||23.11.18|
|5||Predictive Modelling 1||15.06.2018||07.12.18|
|6||Predictive Modelling 2 & Deep Learning||22.06.2018||14.12.18|
|8||Tools and Concepts for Large Data Sets||06.07.2018||18.01.19|
|9||Data Privacy, Security & Visualization||13.07.2018||25.01.19|
|10||Day of the Exam||27.07.2018||01.02.19|
|Course Fee||5.900 €||4.720 €|
|Examination Fee||600 €||480 €|
|Total Fee||6.500 €||5.200 €|
- The fee includes snacks, drinks, coffee, course material and a graded certificate.
- The 20% discount is intended for applicants from social, scientific and cultural facilities please send a proof with your application (email@example.com).
- Participation in the exam is only possible if you have already participated at our certification program. A failed exam can be repeated on the next possible regular date and a separate examination fee will be charged for each retest.
- See the Course Regulations (140 KByte) for further information.
There will be a written and an oral exam on the 10th day of the course (summer term 27. July 2018, winter term 01. February 2019).
Leibniz Rechenzentrum (LRZ)
Further information can be found here.
Downloads (only in german)