Data Science@LMU Professional Certificate Program
In the decade of "big data" where data is recorded in almost all areas of daily life, ever larger and more complex data is available. The skill of analyzing and extracting information from such data has become an indispensable core competence in research and industry.
As the demand for suitably trained data scientists having these skills is already noticeable and will probably continue to grow steadily, the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Statistics of the LMU decided to develop a Professional Certificate Program in collaboration with the Unit for Professional Training at the LMU. The certificate program is intended to create a further training path for employees who already have a university degree and a job in a similar field.
Program: Professional Certificate Program
Duration of the Program: 10 days, between the 09.11.2018 and 01.02.2019 (from 9:00 - 17:30).
Language of instruction: English
Application deadline: tba
- 6500 € regular fee (includes 5900 € course fee and 600 € examination fee).
- 5200 € reduced fee for applicants from social, scientific and cultural facilities.
Please send a proof with your application (includes 4720 € course fee and 480 € examination fee).
Workload: about 200 hours (including time for preparation for the lectures, follow-up work and preparation for the exam).
Highlights of the Program:
- Interdisciplinary program between statistics and computer science.
- Good balance of methodological training and use case analysis.
- Wide range of taught topics (see curriculum for more information).
- Introduction to theoretical and practical concepts in the field of data science.
- For more information follow this link.