The Professional Certificate Program "Data Science" is an extra-occupational training at LMU. Its purpose is to communicate adequate knowledge of the theory and methods of Data Science. The program orients itself along the following guidelines:
- Introduction to the theoretical and practical concepts in the field of Data Science and its potential in business use cases
- Transfer of well-founded know-how in the most diverse areas of Data Science
- Training of analytical and strategic skills
The Professional Certificate Program is aimed at anyone working in any area of business or education. Only the requirements need to be satisfied.
The Certificate Program is developed as a one-semester training with an estimated workload of 200 hours (including time for preparation, follow-up work and preparation for the exam). Registration for the course during the winter term 2018/19 is open, see below for more details on specific dates.
Deadline to apply: 16. September 2018
Basic knowledge in R is highly recommended for the Professional Certificate Program "Data Science". A crash course is available before the beginning of every program. For more information follow the link to the website of the Munich R Courses.
|Day||Topic||Winter term 2018/19||Summer term 2019 (subject to change)||Winter term 2019/20 (subject to change)|
|0||R crash course (separate booking required)||05.11.18||tba||tba|
|1||First steps in Data Analysis||09.11.18||03.05.19||18.10.19|
|3||Causality and Causation & Visualization||23.11.18||17.05.19||08.11.19|
|5||Predictive Modelling 1||07.12.18||07.06.19||22.11.19|
|6||Predictive Modelling 2 & Deep Learning||14.12.18||28.06.19||29.11.19|
|8||Tools and Concepts for Large Data Sets||18.01.19||12.07.19||10.01.20|
|9||Data Privacy, Security & Visualization||25.01.19||19.07.19||17.01.20|
|10||Day of the Exam||01.02.19||26.07.19||24.01.20|
|Course Fee||5.900 €||4.720 €|
|Examination Fee||600 €||480 €|
|Total Fee||6.500 €||5.200 €|
- The fee includes snacks, drinks, coffee, course material and a graded certificate.
- The 20% discount is intended for applicants from social, scientific and cultural facilities please send a proof with your application (email@example.com).
- Participation in the exam is only possible if you have already participated at our certification program. A failed exam can be repeated on the next possible regular date and a separate examination fee will be charged for each retest.
- See the Course Regulations (140 KByte) for further information.
There will be a written and an oral exam on the 10th day of the course (winter term 01. February 2019).
Leibniz Rechenzentrum (LRZ)
Further information can be found here.
Downloads (only in german)