The Professional Certificate Program "Data Science" is an extra-occupational training at LMU. Its purpose is to communicate adequate knowledge of the theory and methods of Data Science. The program orients itself along the following guidelines:
- Introduction to the theoretical and practical concepts in the field of Data Science and its potential in business use cases
- Transfer of well-founded know-how in the most diverse areas of Data Science
- Training of analytical and strategic skills
The Professional Certificate Program is aimed at anyone working in any area of business or education. Only the requirements need to be satisfied.
The Certificate Program is developed as a one-semester training with an estimated workload of 200 hours (including time for preparation, follow-up work and preparation for the exam). Registration for the course during the summer term 2019 is open, see below for more details on specific dates.
Deadline to apply for the summer term 2019: 10th March 2019
For many practical tutorials in the data science certificate program, basic knowledge of the statistical programming language R is required. If you don't have any basic knowledge in R or want to refresh your knowledge in R, we highly recommend you to book this Day 0 (R crash course) separately at Munich R Courses the website, which will be available before the beginning of every program. For more information, visit the R crash course registration page.
|Day||Topic||Summer term 2019||Winter term 2019/2020|
|0||R crash course (separate booking required)||02.05.19||tba|
|1||First steps in Data Analysis||03.05.19||18.10.19|
|3||Causality and Causation & Visualization||17.05.19||08.11.19|
|5||Predictive Modelling 1||07.06.19||22.11.19|
|6||Predictive Modelling 2 & Deep Learning||28.06.19||29.11.19|
|8||Tools and Concepts for Large Data Sets||12.07.19||10.01.20|
|9||Data Privacy, Security & Visualization||19.07.19||17.01.20|
|10||Day of the Exam||26.07.19||24.01.20|
|Course Fee||5.900 €||4.720 €|
|Examination Fee||600 €||480 €|
|Total Fee||6.500 €||5.200 €|
- The fee includes snacks, drinks, coffee, course material and a graded certificate.
- The 20% discount is intended for applicants from social, scientific and cultural facilities.
- If a company is a sponsoring member of the German Society for Data Science (GDS) e.V. and registers more than four applicants who are admitted to the course by the Steering Committee, a discount of 20% will be granted per participant.
- Please send a proof with your application (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Participation in the exam is only possible if you have already participated at our certification program. A failed exam can be repeated on the next possible regular date and a separate examination fee will be charged for each retest.
- See the Course Regulations (140 KByte) for further information.
There will be a written and an oral exam on the 10th day of the course (summer term 26th July 2019).
Leibniz Rechenzentrum (LRZ)
Further information can be found here.
Downloads (only in german)